My trip to Guatemala with Pencils of Promise taught me so much and left me feeling perfectly energized, so I was able to return to this episode of Bucci Radio with a vengeance – as promised.
This intellectual conversation with Jorge Rosado really packs a punch as his overarching wisdom and astounding life story come together to bring us a unique sense of fulfillment and livelihood. Jorge didn’t go through all the trouble of camping out at stores to buy and sell sneakers to make ends meet to then gain 100,000 Instagram followers in just a week to not be heard. Get ready for this one.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN ABOUT:
- Jorge’s compelling childhood story
- Living in the past, present, and future
- Being passionate to all types of people
- Empathetic listening
- Freedom of time
- Freedom of location
- The art of reacting
- Being honest with yourself
- Extrinsic reward and happiness
- The importance of intellectual conversation
- Three main takeaways
IMPORTANT QUESTIONS ASKED:
- 9:27 Why did you get an internship at the police department after you were selling drugs?
- 21:50 What do you think all your teachers, mentors, and coaches saw in you that led them to treat you well and provide you with opportunities?
- 25:04 How was doing those competitions while working those really long hours at Porsche and taking care of your mom?
- 31:00 What were some of your powerlifting numbers at this time?
- 33:02 Do you think that the survival mode of your life contributed to the fact that your dedication was through the roof with everything you did?
- 34:47 How did you get here today?
- 44:46 How did you end up stop working for Porsche?
- 1:00:51 What are the struggles that came with your quick online growth?
- 1:07:09 How has the transition been from you only posting the X/Checkmarks to all of this amazing stuff that you have that people who followed you in your rapid growth time didn’t know you wanted to put out there?
- 1:11:55 What is your vision and the impact you want to make?
- 1:17:24 What are you most excited about moving forward?
- 1:19:58 What are the three main things from this conversation you want to leave people?
“When you chase two rabbits, you catch none, right, and that’s how I felt, I felt like I was just trying to kind of do too many things at once and I was just kind of burning myself out from a mental, from a psychological standpoint.”
“I’ve learned to make fear my friend, if that makes sense. I use it to my benefit and instead of being driven by the things that I want, I’m driven by the things that I don’t want.”
“If there’s a time, the time is now. Later on in life, more responsibilities.”
“What’s important right now, it’s what’s right in front of me, in what I have now.”
“You should live as presently as possible if you truly want to be happy.”
“Don’t react for the sake of fucking reacting. And a lot of us do that, we just react for the sake of reacting to ANYTHING.”
“The minute you respond and you react, guess what? You’re giving up your power. You’re giving them power over you.”
“You never know what one person has to offer.”
“There can be a lot of times where if you were to ask you and another person to put each of each other’s problems in two buckets, you would want your problems back.”
Bucci Radio is edited and mixed by Resonate Recordings. As a Bucci Radio listener, you can go to resonaterecordings.com to get your first podcast episode produced completely for FREE!