Today’s Bucci Radio guest is Sohee Lee!
We have been following each other on social media for years, and I’m so excited to have her as a guest! I’ve noticed that she’s been flourishing lately for discussing eating psychology, and promoting healthy dieting and moderation. “Make eating effortless.”
She is earning her Masters in Health Psychology, she’s a fantastic writer, certified online personal trainer, strength and conditioning specialist, sports nutritionist, IFPA bikini pro, and an amateur powerlifter.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN:
- Sohee’s past struggles with maintaining a diet
- How psychology influences our dieting behavior
- How to balance dieting and lifestyle
- The difference between a “habits based” coach vs a “macros based” coach
- Gain insight on how health and diet research is conducted and interpreted
- How to apply behavior goals and mindset shifts to coaching clients
IMPORTANT QUESTIONS ASKED/TOPICS DISCUSSED
- 5:05 What has motivated you in the past to be so passionate about this topic?
- 11:45 In college, what inspired you to become a voice for moderation and dieting?
- 16:45 How do you apply science and research to reach real life “conclusions”?
- 19:11 What’s your goal research that you would like to conduct yourself?
- 19:55 What does a “habits based” coach look like, vs. a “macros based” coach?
- 25:40 What is your advice for aspiring online fitness coaches?
- 26:38 How can you respond to a client that has admitted they screwed up?
- 34:40 What are your thoughts on the skills you need to successfully diet?
- 41:00 What are successes you have your clients focus on? (vs only focusing on scale or macro numbers)
- 44:48 What is your biggest client success story?
- 54:20 What are you excited about in the future? What is the biggest thing you have planned for 2018?
“Dieting doesn’t have to suck”
“The whole point of fitness and health is to be happier and increase the quality of your life”
“The vast majority of people cannot do [extreme dieting consistently].”
“Easy is good. You want things to feel easy”
“Just try harder is not helpful”
Thrive Market generously offered all Bucci Radio listeners (that’s you!) 25% off your first purchase + free shipping + 30-day free membership by going to thrivemarket.com/bucci